What is a stock?
- A stock nothing but equity. When you purchase a company’s stock, you’re purchasing a small piece of that company that represents partial ownership, is called a share. Terminologies used in Stock Market
How does a stock’s price move?
- If more people want to buy a stock (demand) than sell it (supply), then the price moves up. Conversely, if more people wanted to sell a stock than buy it, there would be greater supply than demand and the price would fall.
What are the types of traders?
- INTRADAY Traders: – Also called as Short-term traders. These traders don’t hold the stock for more than one day.
- SWING Traders: – Also called as Mid-term traders. These traders hold the stock for more than one day. For example, Two days, Five days, Ten days, etc.
- INVESTORS: – Also called as Long-term Investors. These people hold the stock for a long time. For example, one year, five years, ten years, etc.
Terminologies used in Stock Market Terminologies used in Stock Market